Work some yoga into your day without even leaving your desk
As a small business owner it’s not uncommon to work more than your usual 40-hour work week, which can sometimes leave you feeling like there’s limited time for other activities. To help kick-start a fresh, healthy year we’ve put together some easy, at-your-desk yoga exercise techniques that will help keep you fit, feeling rejuvenated, and ready to take on the next task!
Seated Meditation – A quick mental reboot
1. Find a semi-quiet area, with a hard surface to sit on – a chair or the floor will do
2. Cross your legs or keep them straight – your preference, keep hand/arms relaxed at your sides
3. Close your eyes and breathe in and out at a steady pace for 1-2 minutes
Leg Stretch – Get the blood flowing
1. Find a sturdy surface to lean against – a wall, table, or your desk
2. Place one hand horizontally or vertically on the surface – whichever feels most natural
3. With the opposite hand, hold the front of your ankle and stretch your leg inward, repeat this step on the other leg
In Office Push-Ups – Now you’re moving
1. Find an open space, with a minimum length of your height
2. Place hands horizontally, shoulder length apart – aligning your feet with your hands, so that your body is in the “plank” position
3. Using the strength of your hands/arms lift yourself up and down at an even pace for 1-2 minutes
These types of quick, yoga inspired exercises allow for a nice pick me up during a long work week and even aid in your body’s ability to remain fit and agile when done consistently. As always, it’s a good idea to check with your doctor before beginning a new fitness routine. We hope you enjoy!
As shown in ehealthinsurance.com